PM4NGOs is seeking for a digital marketing specialist to join our consultants’ team and support our organizational communications and development.
What is the Digital Marketing Consultant?
The digital marketing specialist is responsible for developing the strategy used in marketing a company’s product online, utilizing such techniques in the field as social media, Web analytics, e-mail marketing and search engine optimization, among others. The consultant puts together various online promotions, and e-mailing campaigns to get their company’s message out, as well as performs consumer research to discover other ways of reaching customers via the Internet.
The Digital Marketing Consultant will support the successful placement and growth objectives of the on-line activities, including responsibility for on-line platform placement, marketing materials visual identity, promotions and products’ presentations. Also, the Digital Marketing Consultant will coordinate activities with the Operations Manager for helping community members and partners discover our published content, driving traffic to our beneficiaries and partners facing digital and social platforms.
1) Responsibilities / Tasks
Phase 1 – Visual Identity Development
- To develop the visual identity and standard marketing materials based on the new PM4NGOs logo (already developed), such as banners, templates for documents, business cards, presentations.
- Evaluate current website and community platform in coordination with the Operations Manager.
- Optimize the current website platform or migrate to a new platform, adjusting to the new logo/visual identity and colors, in coordination with the Operations Manager.
Phase 2 – Social Media Presence
- Build and execute social media strategy through competitive research, platform determination, benchmarking, messaging and audience identification
- Establish operational routine (process) for the website and community update and optimization
- Review and optimize social media channels, such as LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Google+, YouTube, fan pages, online groups, etc.
Phase 3 – Marketing Operations
- Lead on the production of email marketing collateral and campaigns in close collaboration with the Operations Manager.
- Curate articles, tools, documents, and guides to continuously update the website.
- Generate, edit, publish and share daily content (original text, images, video or HTML) that builds meaningful connections and encourages community members to take action.
- Moderate all user-generated content in line with the moderation policy for each community.
- Create editorial calendars and update event / training schedules from partners into the PM4NGOs calendar.
- Continuously improve by capturing and analyzing the appropriate social data/metrics, insights, and best practices, and then acting on the information.
- Collaborate with the Operations Manager and PM4NGOs Board to manage reputation, identify key players and coordinate actions.
2) Desired Qualifications
This position demands a dynamic professional with a demonstrated ability to achieve the expected results.
- Written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Working experience in social media or related field
- Consulting, writing, editing (photo/video/blog text), presentation and communication skills
- Social networking experience and social analytics tools knowledge
- Adequate knowledge of web design, web development, Hubspot, Hootsuite and SEO
- Knowledge of Open Badges development and capability of developing the required programming to issue open badges
- Knowledge of online marketing and good understanding of major marketing channels
- Positive attitude, detail and customer oriented with good multitasking, organizational ability and a high volume of administrative duties
- Fluent in English
The rate is determined by functions performed. The fees will be paid upon satisfactory delivery of outputs as per agreement. Where applicable, travel costs of the consultant (airplane ticket economy class), transfers, and daily allowance is payable in addition to the consultancy fee.
TIME COMMITMENT AND WORKPLACE:
This is not a full-time position. The dedicated time will be defined upon agreement.The activities will be
The position does not require relocation and the activities are expected to be performed online (home office).
HOW TO APPLY:
Applications are due to October 24, 2016.
Send cover letter and CV in English to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Digital Marketing Consultant.
Applications should include:
- Cover memo (maximum 1 page)
- Summary CV (maximum 2 pages), indicating the following information:
- Educational Background (incl. dates)
- Professional Experience (assignments, tasks, achievements, duration by years / months)
- Other Relevant Experience and Expertise (e.g. Internships/ voluntary work, etc.)
- Expectations regarding remuneration (hourly rate)
- List of referees