What is the PMD Pro+ Program?
There is currently little opportunity and incentive for individuals to sustain and develop their skills after certification. To address this PM4NGOs is developing a Continuing Professional Development (CPD) Programme.
The programme will offer an online platform to certified professionals (PMD Pro and PgMD Pro) continuing learning and development. Once the Programme is launched, all PMD Pro certified professionals will be issued a micro credential (open badges), valid for one year. Each learning activity will represent a certain number of points, required to renew the online micro credentials (open badges).
The scheme would be introduced in phases, starting with a closed pilot in English. If this is successful, we would plan to widen access and phase in French, Arabic, Spanish and Portuguese in accordance with our language policy.
- The objectives of PMD Pro+ are:
- To provide and incentivize on-going professional support for our professionals in project and program management;
- To bring us in closer contact with our professionals and stakeholders, thereby improving our products and keeping them relevant;
- To be achievable;
- To be relevant. The best experiences are those that enable CPD is used at work immediately to improve on performance;
- To be collaborative. Working with other people and receiving feedback;
- To be recognized. Professional Development should be recognized, valued and supported by PM4NGOs and the employer;
- To be personal. Professional Development works best if it is led by the individual;
- To be self-sustaining;
- To be effective and measurable;
- Not to be just a box-ticking exercise.
The PMD Pro+ Manager will support the successful implementation of the CPD Programme through on-line activities, including responsibility for on-line platform update, monitoring, and management, curating learning materials and opportunities, will coordinate activities with the Executive Director for helping community membersand partners discover our Program.
The main responsibilities are:
- Identify our stakeholders (training organizations, INGOs etc);
- Work with our stakeholders;
- Seek out, curate & regularly communicate CPD opportunities to members via the website and newsletters;
- Organize webinars (get speakers, set up and publicize meetings etc.);
- Regularly communicate about the scheme to our stakeholders (Press Releases, Blogs etc.) working with the PM4NGOs marketing person;
- Regularly gather and evaluate feedback, and report to Management Board;
- Monitor website and feedback statistics;
- Checking the registrations (monitoring) against new certified people;
- Coordinate the auditing process (setting up, annual process);
- The PMD Pro+ Manager will report to the Executive Director.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university, minimum of three years in development and/or humanitarian sector; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- PMD Pro Level 1 certified, or higher level – PM4NGOs certifications
Other Skills and Abilities
- Dynamic professional with a demonstrated ability to achieve the expected results.
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Good knowledge in online systems, more specifically project, workgroup, learning, communications, and network platforms.
- To be competent in English. Proficiency in other languages that PM4NGOs uses is desirable (Arabic, French, Portuguese, Spanish).
- Social networking experience is desirable.
- Knowledge of Open Badges development and capability of developing the required programming to issue open badges is desirable.
- Positive attitude, detail and customer oriented with good multitasking, organizational ability and a high volume of tasks.
Expected dedication and timeline
- This is a part-time position.
- The initial expected dedication is from 10h to 13h per week.
- The initial contract is of 6 months, to be extended after pilot success if agreed by the Board of PM4NGOs.