What is PM4NGOs?
We’re dedicatedto advancement in the Project Management skills of individuals and organizations working in the development sector throughout the world. Our aim is to reach not just donor organizations and NGOs, but individuals on the ground who are making the difference, often against the odds and with minimal resources.
We develop best practice guides, methodologies, tools, and techniques to help project managers in the development sector to improve the impact of their projects. Our work is implemented in partnership with the most know NGOs and skilled experts. Our products and resources must always be affordable, accessible, and appropriate.
Access the About Us menu option for more details on what we do, our mission, and our vision.
The consultant will be required to assist the Marketing and Communications team in the following tasks:
- Develop content for online and print platforms for distribution to a wide array of stakeholders.
- Conduct market research using quantitative and qualitative tools.
- Coordinate with regional hubs on outward communication and marketing.
- Collaborate and communicate with partners and team members on strategic program areas related to communication and marketing.
- Work with team members to monitor and measure key performance indicators.
- Explore additional channels for expansion and exposure of the organization to appropriate sectors.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university.
- Minimum 1 year working in the communications field.
- PMD Pro Level 1 certification is desirable (or higher level – PM4NGOs certifications).
Other Skills and Abilities
Dynamic professional with a demonstrated ability to achieve the expected results.
Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
Strong time management and organizational skills.
Good knowledge in online systems, more specifically project, workgroup, learning, communications, and network platforms.
To be competent in English. Proficiency in other languages that PM4NGOs uses is desirable (Arabic, French, Portuguese, Spanish).
Ability to work with a variety of stakeholders, remotely and across many geographical regions.
Social networking experience is desirable.
Experience in developing content for media including: blogs, press releases, email newsletters, success stories, etc.
Experience in developing content for training and capacity building is a plus but not required.
Expected dedication and timeline
- This is a part-time position.
- The initial expected dedication is from 5h to 10h per week.
- The initial contract is of 6 months, to be extended after review of performance.