Are you passionate about promoting the professionalism of program and project management in the international development sector?
Are you looking for ways to help project managers working on the ground who are making the difference?
Join PM4NGOs’ Board of Directors.
PM4NGOs Board Member (Volunteer)
PM4NGOs is seeking 02 (two) passionate and motivated volunteers to join our Board of Directors, with a range of skills or experience to complement our current Board.
PM4NGOs’ Board Members empathize with the organization’s vision and mission, are unpaid, and act as advisors to the organization’s operations in their specific areas of expertise. As the organization is small, they also use their professional expertise to support and contribute to the work of the organization. They are committed to the success of PM4NGOs.
PM4NGOs Board Members come from the non-profit and private sectors and have a range of specialist expertise including project and program management, non-profit management, finance, fundraising, marketing, and monitoring and evaluation. It is important to highlight that each board member seat is occupied by a professional, not an organization
Who we are
PM4NGOs is an international non-profit organization that promotes and sustains the professionalism of program and project management in the international development sector and is the owner of Project DPro, Program DPro, Finance DPro, and MEAL DPro guides and certification.
We’re dedicated to advancement in the project management skills of individuals and organizations working in the development sector throughout the world. Our aim is to reach not just donor organizations and NGOs, but community-based organizations and individuals on the ground who are making the difference, often against the odds and with minimal resources.
Our organization relies on its board to guide organizational strategy, fundraising, marketing, product development and fiscal responsibility. PM4NGOs directors come from the NGO and private sectors and have a range of specialist expertise including project and program management, NGO administration, governance and law, professional training and skill building, finance, fundraising, communications and marketing and monitoring and evaluation.
Who we are looking for
Board members are key to the success of our mission. A Board is only as strong as its collective members and we are looking to be diverse in age, experience, skills, gender, ethnicity, and perspectives.
Holders of Project DPro Certification who have experienced the benefits of the standard firsthand through work in the community / field projects or organizations are especially encouraged to apply.
We are especially interested in candidates with expertise in the following areas:
- MEAL – Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability, and Learning in the development and humanitarian sectors.
- Experience with major donors’ relations or institutional fundraising, especially from foundations and non-governmental agencies.
- Project/program management in the development and humanitarian sectors.
Qualifications and Experiences Needed
- Solid understanding of and strong passion for PM4NGOs mission and role in the non-profit ecosystem.
- Demonstrated professional, executive or leadership experience and accomplishments in business, government, philanthropy, or the non-profit sector.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in one or more key functional areas: project/program management in the development and humanitarian sectors; marketing, communications, social media; professional training and skill building; or administration and finances of non-profits.
- Strong creative, strategic, analytical, organizational, and personal skills.
- Savvy diplomatic skills and a natural affinity for cultivating relationships and persuading, convening, facilitating, and building consensus among diverse individuals.
- Ability to listen and be open to others’ perspectives, ask pertinent questions to help foster mutual understanding, to synthesize and build consensus.
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a passion for improving the professionalism and capacity of PM4NGOs beneficiaries and partners.
- Ability to understand risks, opportunities, and external and internal issues that may affect PM4NGOs.
- Fluent or excellent communication in English.
- Board of Directors experience is a plus.
PM4NGOs Board Members are responsible for the governance of the organization in line with relevant legal and regulatory guidelines, responsible stewardship of its resources and for the overall strategic direction of the organization.
- Provide strategic leadership for the organization by setting the organization’s strategic direction and defining the organizations aims and objectives.
- Promote and develop the organization in order for it to grow and maintain its relevance to the sector.
- Actively contribute professional expertise to support the work of the organization and the achieving of its goals.
- Ensure the organization’s financial stability through sound administration of the organization’s resources in lien with organizational objectives and by supporting fundraising activities.
- Delegate management authority to and monitor the work of the Executive Director.
- Ensure the charity complies with legislative and regulatory requirements.
- Act in the best interest of the charity, beneficiaries and future beneficiaries at all times and safeguard its reputation.
- Maintain confidentiality about any sensitive/ confidential information received in the course of a member’s responsibilities of the charity.
- Participate in board meetings (typically online, 12 per year).
- Participate in one board committee, based on your expertise, and needs of the organization.
- Cultivate relationships with our corporate and community partners
- Review strategy and contribute to annual operating plans through constructive inputs.
- Contribute to the development of policies to guide the organization towards its strategic goals.
- Be an ambassador of the organization in the wider community.
- The time commitment is approximately 5 hours per month
- Possible additional time commitment to support committees, according to the Board Member availability.
- Board Members are expected to serve, at least, one 3-year term.
- The Board meets 12 times per year, on the second Wednesday of each month at 3p.m. UTC.
- Each Board Member should be available to serve on at least one committee
- All support and activities are done remotely.
- Eventually PM4NGOs might host a face-to-face Annual Board Meeting.
How to apply
If you would like to support our organization and the work we do, please submit your resume and cover letter by January 15, 2023, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Reference: Board of Directors – 2023
Part-time hours: 5h per month
Application deadline: 01-15-2023
Starting date: 03-01-2023
Salary: $0.00 per year
PM4NGOs is committed to gender equality and social inclusion in our workplace. All qualified applications will receive consideration without regard to sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, race, ethnic origin, color, religion, nationality, disability, age, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We encourage all qualified persons to apply, particularly persons with disabilities, ethnic minorities, visible minorities, and others who share our values and contribute to fostering an inclusive and diverse workplace. Please notify us as soon as possible of any adaptive measures you might require at any stage of the recruitment process.