Are you interested in joining an international and growing multidisciplinary team?
PM4NGOs is seeking to hire a highly motivated and result-driven Product Owner with excellent work ethics to support the operations and development of our exams, certifications, and best practices guides.
Project/Program : NGO Partners Program (pilot)
Type of service : Online, remote
Position : External Consultant – Product Owner
Reports to : PM4NGOs Executive Director
Duration : 2 years, 4h/day (first 3 months’ probation period, 2h/day)
Starting date : Q1 2023
Duty station : The consultancy is remote
Languages : Proficiency in English and one of the following languages (spoken and written): Arabic, Chinese, French, Portuguese, or Spanish.
The Product Owner will manage PM4NGOs exams and guides with the support from the Executive Director, Administrative Assistant, and Communications Specialist.
In addition, the Product Owner will manage PM4NGOs partners (non-profit and training partners) requests related to exams as the focus point for providing assistance to both candidates and partner organizations’ managers.
Description of tasks (Responsibilities)
The Product Owner will coordinate his/her activities with the Executive Director, which includes:
- Exam Management
- Create and update candidates’ profiles.
- Provide support to candidates’ requests related to certificates, badges, individual reports, access to the system, and other issues.
- Generate a monthly report to partners’ managers with exam results and details.
- Work in coordination with the Administrative Assistant to generate and manage exam vouchers.
- Additional Support to Candidates and Partners
- Monthly Q&A online sessions to provide support to candidates.
- Meeting with partners’ managers to provide support and attend requests related to the exams.
- Guides’ Management
- Collect and keep a log of requests for updates and changes on the PM4NGOs Guides.
- Manage translations and review of guides and other methodology documents, which are performed by PM4NGOs partners or other consultants.
- Monitor the versions available for the public on the PM4NGOs website and the statistics of guides’ download.
- Prepare and share monthly exams report (global information).
- Update the DPro exams dashboard (quarterly).
- Systematization and automation
- To record and systematize the position tasks and responsibilities.
- With the support from PM4NGOs Executive Director and Administrative Assistant, to create workflow diagrams to each activity and task.
- To automate processes as much as allowed by available platforms (Bitrix24, Exam System, other platforms).
Deliverables will vary according to the need of partner organizations and candidates, including reporting and data sharing. The consultant must submit monthly reports for approval by the Executive Director.
The Product Owner desired qualifications are:
- Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university
- Minimum of three years’ experience in project management, web systems management, information technology, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Dynamic professional with a demonstrated ability to achieve the expected results.
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Positive attitude, detail and customer oriented.
- High level of proficiency and accuracy in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Google Suite.
- Advanced knowledge in online systems, more specifically project, workgroup, communications, and online call platforms (Zoom, Skype, Teams).
- Adequate knowledge / ability to learn online platforms and systems, such as Bitrix24 and the PM4NGOs Exam System.
- Excellent command of spoken and written English.
- Fluent (spoken and written) in one of the following languages: Arabic, Chinese, English, French, Portuguese, and/or Spanish.
The following are mandatory requirements to provide the service as Product Owner:
- The consultant must hold one of the following certifications: Project DPro Foundation, Project DPro Practitioner, Program DPro, Finance DPro, or MEAL DPro.
- Other certifications or evidence-based experience might be accepted with the commitment from the consultant to achieve one of the DPro certifications within the probation period.
- The consultant must not be a:
- Staff, associated, or a consultant of a PM4NGOs Non-Profit Partner, PM4NGOs Training Partner or Authorized Invigilator, regardless if the relationship is formal, informal, part time, full time, on demand, or any other.
- PM4NGOs Hub.
- PM4NGOs Board Member.
- PM4NGOs consultants in other programs are eligible as long as they are not in a director or executive position.
Confidentiality, Data Protection, and Ethical Provisions
Taking into consideration that the consultant will collect and analyze sensitive data from candidates, the Product Owner will be required to:
- Sign a nondisclosure agreement provided by PM4NGOs.
- Comply and sign the PM4NGOs Ethical Policy.
Instructions for applying
Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject Product Owner, by January 15, 2023, including in the attachments:
- Cover Letter
- Your resume
- DPro Certificates (and other relevant certificates)
- Your availability and expected hourly rate
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in our organization and for taking the time to apply; however, due to the large volume of emails, only applicants invited for an interview will be contacted.
This position application might remain open until a candidate is selected.
PM4NGOs is committed to gender equality and social inclusion in our workplace. All qualified applications will receive consideration without regard to sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, race, ethnic origin, color, religion, nationality, disability, age, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We encourage all qualified persons to apply, particularly persons with disabilities, ethnic minorities, visible minorities, and others who share our values and contribute to fostering an inclusive and diverse workplace. Please notify us as soon as possible of any adaptive measures you might require at any stage of the recruitment process.
What is PM4NGOs?
PM4NGOs is a non-profit organization, exempt from tax under IRC 501 (c)(3), and organized under the laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia as a mutual benefit corporation. PM4NGOs promotes and sustains the professionalism of program and project management in the international development sector and is the owner of Project DPro, Program DPro, Finance DPro, and MEAL DPro . We’re dedicated to advancement in the project management skills of individuals and organizations working in the development sector throughout the world.
An equitable and sustainable world where social investment achieves the greatest impact.
PM4NGOs will help achieve this vision through its work in promoting excellence in the management of social investment projects and programs. We will create and maintain best practice guidance for development professionals, certification schemes for those working in the sector who will be proud to hold an internationally recognized qualification and a forum for communication and discussion about international development sector best practice.
To set the standard for project and program management in the social sector.
We aim to reach individuals, community-based organizations, local governments, NGOs, and donor organizations with a comprehensive suite of project and program management resources.