The Project DPro (PMD Pro) and Program DPro exams are available on-line via the APMG International web-based certification engine. Please see below the links to take a free practice exam, or to purchase and bulk your exam.
The Project DPro (PMD Pro) Foundation Certification is intended for those new to project management, those with experience working in a project-based environment who are looking for a refresher, and for experienced project managers who are new to working in the international development sector.
The goal of the Project DPro Foundation Certification is to:
- confer a professional certification status for project managers in the sector
- provide certification and learning resources that are comprehensive, accessible and appropriate to professionals working in the sector
- integrate content that is contextualized to the international development sector with other internationally-recognized certifications.
The examination is available on-line via the APMG International and requires candidates to demonstrate that they know and understanding content of the Project Management for Development Professionals Guide (Project DPro Guide). The exams are multiple choice with 75 questions. The pass mark is 65% – or 49 correct questions. There is no ‘negative’ marking so an incorrect answer does not lose you marks.
The learning objectives for the Project DPro examination are found in the Appendix of the Project DPro Guide.
Program DPro is the definitive certification to learn and confirm you have the skills to help realize non-governmental organizations’ (NGOs) ambitions through exemplary program management.
Certify your ability to:
- Perform as a fully-fledged program manager – able to offer leadership to project managers and their teams
- Align projects with the goals and overarching strategy of an organization
- Deliver high quality humanitarian, development and environmental programs
- Conquer the challenge of coordination, creating synergies between projects and maximizing impact of programs
- Thrive in a dynamic sector – able to innovate with solutions that allow country and regional teams to be responsive
- Play an essential contributing role in helping NGOs address poverty, disease, violence, social injustice, environmental degradation and humanitarian disaster.
The examination is available on-line via the APMG web-based certification engine.
This examination is taken on-line and requires candidates to demonstrate that they know and understanding content of the Program Management for Development Professionals Guide (Program DPro Guide). The exams are multiple choice with 75 questions. The pass mark is 65% – or 49 correct questions. There is no ‘negative’ marking so an incorrect answer does not lose you marks.
The learning objectives for the Program DPro examination are found in the Appendix of the Program DPro Guide.
Note: In order to take Program DPro, we strongly recommend becoming Project DPro (Foundation) certified, as the Program DPro guide and exam refer to many of the Project DPro content.