Last updated: April 14, 2021
PM4NGOs understands that assessment data is private and use of it needs to follow data protection principles and applicable law.
Your personal data – what is it?
Personal data relates to a living individual who can be identified from that data. Identification can be by the information alone or in conjunction with any other information in the Data Controller’s possession or likely to come into such possession. The processing of personal data is governed by the General Data Protection Regulation (the GDPR).
Who are we?
PM4NGOs (https://www.pm4ngos.org) is an international NGO that works to promote and sustain project management in international development. PM4NGOs has devised online examinations for its certifications. These are hosted by a US vendor, Questionmark Corporation (https://www.questionmark.com) which provides an Exams Portal for PM4NGOs.
The Board of PM4NGOs acts as Data Controller (contact details below). This means it decides how your personal data is processed and for what purposes. Questionmark acts as a Data Processor. This means it processes personal data on behalf of the Data Controller.
What personal data do we collect?
We may collect the following information:
- Job title;
- Gender (optional);
- Date of birth;
- Purchase data (we do NOT retain a copy of your Credit Card number);
- Certification status;
- Email address;
- Practitioner Activity Log;
- IP address used to connect your computer to the Internet;
- Communication preferences.
As part of the examination process we request personal ID information, such as a passport image, to validate your exam result. This information is retained on our database for the required period to validate your exam. All ID and similar documents related to candidates already validated are deleted from the system in the first week of the following month.
How do we process your personal data?
We comply with our obligations under the GDPR by keeping personal data up to date; by storing and destroying it securely; by not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data; by protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorized access and disclosure and by ensuring that appropriate technical measures and processes are in place to protect personal data.
We use your personal data collected via our Exams Portal for our internal business purposes (such as maintaining and improving our products and for general, reasonable administrative purposes), to correspond with you (including to provide information on our products and services and for sales and marketing purposes – unless you have opted out of receiving such correspondence in accordance with applicable laws), to gather and analyze information and monitor activity on the Exams Portal and to provide you with the best product experience.
Sharing your personal data
We will not share or pass on your personal details to any other organization, except we may disclose your personal information to third parties if we are working with them to deliver a service you have requested (such as a Training Partner), if you explicitly authorize sharing your contact information with PM4NGOs’ partners, or if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of PM4NGOs or others. We will share anonymized data about the assessments with our training partners and other stakeholders.
International data transfers
For residents located in the European Economic Area, we may transfer your data outside the European Economic Area (EEA). Whenever we transfer your personal data outside of the EEA, we ensure a similar degree of protection by ensuring at least one of the following safeguards is implemented:
- We will only transfer your personal data to countries that have been deemed to provide an adequate level of protection for personal data by the European Commission.
- Where we use certain service providers, we may use specific contracts approved by the European Commission which give personal data the same protection it has in Europe.
- Where we use providers based in the US, we may transfer data to them if they are part of the Privacy Shield which requires them to provide similar protection to personal data shared between the Europe and the US.
PM4NGOs have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used, or accessed in an unauthorized way, altered, or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
How long do we keep your personal data?
Personal data processed for any purpose or purposes shall not be kept for longer than is necessary (it may be necessary to keep it to meet legal obligations).
Your rights and your personal data
Unless subject to an exemption under the GDPR, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data: –
- The right to request a copy of your personal data which we hold about you;
- The right to request that we correct any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date;
- The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary for us to retain such data;
- The right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time;
- The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing;
- The right to object to the processing of personal data (where applicable).
You can ask PM4NGOs to stop sending you marketing messages at any time by following the opt-out links on any marketing message sent to you or by contacting us at any time at email@example.com.
To exercise all relevant rights, queries or complaints please in the first instance contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
PM4NGOs is a non-profit 501-C3 company registered in the USA (public, society benefit category) at 4582 Heil Ave. #1 Huntington Beach, CA 92649, USA*
Telephone: +1 (514) 573-6273 used for receiving phone calls, WhatsApp, and Telegram.
* PM4NGOs is relocating to 306 S. Wayne St, Unit E, Arlington, VA 22204, USA, date to be advised