- Your personal data – what is it?
Personal data relates to a living individual who can be identified from that data. Identification can be by the information alone or in conjunction with any other information in the Data Controller’s possession or likely to come into such possession. The processing of personal data is governed by the General Data Protection Regulation (the GDPR).
- Who are we?
PM4NGOs is an international NGO that works to promote and sustain project management in development. The Board of PM4NGOs acts as Data Controller (contact details below). This means it decides how your personal data is processed and for what purposes.
- What personal data do we collect?
We may collect the following information:
- Names and titles;
- Contact details such as email addresses;
- Photographs and videos for use on our website and social media.
- How do we process your personal data?
We comply with our obligations under the GDPR by keeping personal data up to date; by storing and destroying it securely; by not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data; by protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorized access and disclosure and by ensuring that appropriate technical measures and processes are in place to protect personal data.
We use your personal data for the following purposes: –
- To inform you of news, future events and activities being organized by us;
- To fundraise and promote our interests;
- To maintain appropriate photos and videos on our website and social media accounts;
- To contact you from time-to-time to ensure that the data we hold is current;
- To conduct surveys to ask your opinions;
- To communicate with board members, employees and volunteers about PM4NGOs business;
- To maintain our own accounts and records;
- To notify you of any updates to this Data Privacy Notice.
- What is the legal basis for processing your personal data?
- Consent of the data subject so that we can keep you informed about PM4NGOs;
- Processing is necessary for the legitimate interests of the data controller or a third party, except where such interests are overridden by the interests, rights or freedoms of the data subject;
- Compliance with legal obligations.
- Sharing your personal data
We will not share or pass on your personal details to any other organization or third party, except to any party who we may from time to time engage to perform functions relating solely to us, currently MailChimp. We and any such party engaged by us adhere to the principles set out the GDPR.
- How long do we keep your personal data?
Personal data processed for any purpose or purposes shall not be kept for longer than is necessary. Specifically, to comply with legal obligations we will retain gift aid declarations and associated paperwork for up to 6 years after the calendar year to which they relate.
- Your rights and your personal data
Unless subject to an exemption under the GDPR, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data: –
- The right to request a copy of your personal data which we hold about you;
- The right to request that we correct any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date;
- The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary for us to retain such data;
- The right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time;
- The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing;
- The right to object to the processing of personal data (where applicable);
- The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office.
- Further processing
If we wish to use your personal data for a new purpose, not covered by this Data Protection Notice, then we will provide you with a new notice explaining this new use prior to commencing the processing and setting out the relevant purposes and processing conditions. Where and whenever necessary, we will seek your prior consent to the new processing.
- Contact Details
To exercise all relevant rights, queries or complaints please in the first instance contact us at email@example.com
PM4NGOs is a non-profit 501-C3 company registered in the USA
(public, society benefit category)
This Data Privacy Notice was last updated on May 14, 2018