Become an internationally certified Program Manager
Program DPro is the definitive certification to learn and confirm you have the skills to help realize non-governmental organizations’ (NGOs) ambitions through exemplary program management.
Please note that, in order to take Program DPro exam, we strongly recommend becoming Project DPro (PMD Pro) certified, as the Program DPro guide and exam refer to many of the PMD Pro content.
Why becoming certified?
In an industry that relies upon projects to complete its work, a certification helps ensure that project managers are ready to effectively manage their projects around the world. The PM4NGOs certifications are internationally recognized and serve as an evidence of acquired skills and competences.
The Program DPro Foundation certification is intended for those with experience working in a project/program-based environment who are looking for program level best practices and tools contextualized to the international development sector.
The Program DPro Foundation aims to provide evidence of your ability to:
- perform as a fully-fledged program manager – able to offer leadership to project managers and their teams
- align projects with the goals and overarching strategy of an organization
- deliver high quality humanitarian, development and environmental programs
- conquer the challenge of coordination, creating synergies between projects and maximizing impact of programs
- thrive in a dynamic sector – able to innovate with solutions that allow country and regional teams to be responsive
- play an essential contributing role in helping NGOs address poverty, disease, violence, social injustice, environmental degradation and humanitarian disaster
The examination is available on-line via our partner APMG International and requires candidates to demonstrate that they know and understanding content of the Program DPro Guide. The exams are multiple choice with 75 questions. The pass mark is 65% – or 49 correct questions. There is no ‘negative’ marking so an incorrect answer does not lose you marks.
The learning objectives for the Program DPro Foundation examination are found in the Appendix of the Program DPro Guide.
We expect to develop and launch a Program DPro Practitioner certification in early 2021, based on a continuing professional development program. This program and certification is likely to be similar to the Project DPro Practitioner certification.