Become an internationally certified Project Manager
Project DPro provides project managers the skills needed to deliver effective, transparent results to donors and communities. The courses and certifications are valuable to all development professionals, from the field staff to project and program managers.
Why Project DPro?
– Provides a comprehensive and participatory approach to project management.
– Common and contextualized vocabulary and framework specifically for managing development projects.
– Develops professionals’ understanding of the value of a project management standard language and tools.
– Provides a practical toolkit that can be adapted to any organizational project environment.
– Enhances professionals’ ability to deliver projects on time, on budget, and within scope.
Why becoming certified?
In an industry that relies upon projects to complete its work, a certification helps ensure that project managers are ready to effectively manage their projects around the world. The PM4NGOs certifications are internationally recognized and serve as an evidence of acquired skills and competences.
The Project DPro Foundation certification (level 1) is intended for those new to project management, those with experience working in a project-based environment who are looking for a refresher, and for experienced project managers who are new to working in the international development sector.
Requirements: there are no professional or knowledge prerequisites to take the Project DPro Exam. However, candidates must have basic IT knowledge (use a computer, access emails, browse and fill out an online assessment).
The goal of the Project DPro Foundation is to:
- confer a professional certification status for project managers in the sector
- provide certification and learning resources that are comprehensive, accessible and appropriate to professionals working in the sector
- integrate content that is contextualized to the international development sector with other internationally-recognized certifications.
The examination is available on-line at the PM4NGOs Exams Platform and requires candidates to demonstrate that they know and understanding content of the Project DPro Guide. The exams are multiple choice with 75 questions. The pass mark is 65% – or 49 correct answers. There is no ‘negative’ marking so an incorrect answer does not lose you marks.
The learning objectives for the Project DPro Foundation examination are found in the Appendix of the Project DPro Guide.