PM4NGOs invites new trainers and training organizations to develop their own training courses and help disseminating PMD Pro and Program DPro.
PMD Pro (and all PM4NGOs’ guides) is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License. Trainers are free to copy/redistribute and adapt/transform the PMD Pro content for non-commercial purposes.
You might charge for your training courses, as long as you do not charge for the guide itself (regardless if it is the original version or it has been adapted) and you give the appropriate credit to PM4NGOs as its owned and publisher.
Recommendations to becoming a PMD Pro or Program DPro trainer.
1. Are you PMD Pro or Program DPro Certified?
Although we recognize that holding other certifications is beneficial for a PMD Pro and a Program DPro trainer, each best practice and methodology requires that you deeply know it to become its trainer. The project management techniques, tools, language, and processes are similar… but not the same.
We also strongly recommend that you get a minimum 80% score on the PMD Pro or Program DPro exam to become a trainer. That is a requirement to become a PM4NGOs Training Partner.
2. Do you have practical experience in applying PMD Pro or Program DPro best practices and tools?
Before becoming a trainer, we recommend that you have at least one year of practical experience. This is not a requirement, but a good trainer must understand how PMD Pro or Program DPro tools and techniques work and respond to the project / program management day-to-day activities and challenges.
3. Do you have the experience in facilitating training courses?
You will not find training techniques in the PMD Pro or Program DPro Guide. If you do not have training skills, we strongly recommend that you take a training of trainers course. You should make sure you have the necessary facilitation competencies before undertaking to train others.
To become a PM4NGOs Training Partner, your or your trainers must take a ToT or provide evidence of at least 2 years’ experience in training project management and/or non-profit courses/topics.
4. Do you have the experience with the non-profit / governmental sector?
In order to become a PM4NGOs Training Partner, you and your trainers must have experience with the non-profit / governmental sector (at least 3 years, evidence required).
PM4NGOs is the organization that owns PMD Pro and Program DPro methodologies, guides, and certification exam scheme.
Each training organization and trainer is responsible for developing their own training materials.
In other words, PMD Pro and Program DPro content is available free of any cost for anyone who wants to develop its own training materials and course. If you or your organization is willing to incorporate, distribute, or adapt the PMD Pro or Program DPro Guide, please observe the Creative Commons indicate in the guides and read the Terms, Conditions, and Reference for using our methodologies and content.
Yes! Anyone can develop its own training course and help disseminating PMD Pro and Program DPro.
If you or your organization wants to become a PM4NGOs Training Partner, please read the requirements and steps below.
If you or your organization is willing to incorporate, distribute, or adapt the PMD Pro or Program DPro Guide, please observe the Creative Commons indicate in the guides and read the Terms, Conditions, and Reference for using our methodologies and content. Read the recommendations to become a trainer below.
No. PM4NGOs does not accredit training organizations or trainers.
However, PM4NGOs maintains a global network of training providers that offer the PMD Pro and the Program DPro certifications.
Please visit the Training Partners directory to access the list of organizations that are members of this network.
No, there is no exclusivity of PMD Pro or Program DPro training, neither per region / country or any other criteria.
We encourage new trainers and training organizations to develop their own training courses and help us disseminating PMD Pro and Program DPro.
If you or your organization is willing to incorporate, distribute, or adapt the PMD Pro or Program DPro Guide, please observe the Creative Commons indicate in the guides and read the Terms, Conditions, and Reference for using our methodologies and content.
PM4NGOs Training Partners Program
PM4NGOs maintains a global network of training providers for professionals seeking the PMD Pro and the Program DPro certifications. Your organization can join this network, increase visibility, and access to training opportunities presented to PM4NGOs.
Among many other benefits, Training Partners have early access to PM4NGOs new guides and publications, training materials, and tools. Partners are also eligible to work with PM4NGOs on the guides update and developing new publications.
Important note: new partners approvals are at the PM4NGOs Board Partners’ Committee discretion. Attending the partnership program criteria does not make any individual or organization automatically entitle to become a partner. Likewise, the Committee might cancel partnership agreements in case of misbehaviour or non-observance of the partnership MoU or PM4NGOs policies and values.
- PM4NGOs will advertise the partnership at its website, communications materials (when applicable), and through other communications channels.
- PM4NGOs will actively support marketing and promotion of your organization’s training courses, sharing them at our agenda, social media, and other channels.
- Support to trainers and trainees through continuing professional development opportunities, such as webinars, tools, materials, and other activities.
- Early access to new guides, giving the opportunity to contribute through feedbacks and suggestions and, more importantly, develop or update your organization’s training materials before official guides’ launch.
- Access to templates, tools, case studies, success stories, and learning materials before they are shared with practitioners and the public.
- Preferable selection of your organization for translating PM4NGOs’ guides and materials (volunteer or funded translation initiatives).
- Invitation to your organization to be panelists at PM4NGOs Webinars and to write articles and supplemental materials.
- Access to periodic detailed statistics reports of PMD Pro and Program DPro certification, and the PMD Pro+ network.
Steps to become a Training Partner
First of all, your organization must be developing (or willing to start soon) PMD Pro and/or Program DPro training courses. It is also mandatory that trainers are certified in the methodology that they facilitate or will facilitate. Your organization must also meet the following criteria:
- Alignment materials and communications with the PM4NGOs policy and communication rules.
- Share basic statistics training courses (number of participants and successful certifications)
- Demonstrate continuous improvement of courses based on students feedback.
- Trainers must be certified with a score (pass rate) over 80%.
- Trainers must have experience with the non-profit / governmental sector (at least 3 years, evidence required).
- Trainers must take a ToT or provide evidence of at least 2 years’ experience in training project management and/or non-profit courses/topics.
- Attend our Code of Ethics and be approved by the PM4NGOs Training Partners Committee.
- Prior to becoming a Training Partner, your organization might be required to present PMD Pro or Program DPro training courses evidences, such as:
– videos of your PMD Pro training courses
– trainer(s) name(s), contact information, and PMD Pro Certification(s)
– feedback / evaluation form that you have applied to the trainees
– trainees’ PMD Pro certificates
- Payment of an annual donation.
Annual Subscription Fee
The annual subscription is based on your organization’s area of operation, starting as $300/year for local training organizations (one country) and individual trainers. Check all tiers at our training partners subscription fees pages.
- Fill out the online form or contact our team and request the offline application form.
- The PM4NGOs team and Training Partners Committee will analyze your submission and contact your organization.
- If approved, PM4NGOs will send your organization an acknowledgement with further instructions.