Developed by the sector, for the sector, and owned by the sector
Our Project Management for Development Professionals Guide (Project DPro Guide – PMD Pro 2nd Edition) is being adopted as a standard in many development organizations around the world. It is currently available in five languages, with several more in development. The Guide is distributed under a Creative Commons BY NC license.
The Project DPro Guide provides an introductory, independent exploration of Project Management within the context of the development sector. It is intended for an audience that includes:
- Project Managers and team members who are new to project management;
- Project Managers and team members who are new to the development sector;
- Development sector professionals who intend to pursue professional credentials in project management;
- Students who are willing to develop a career in the development sector or project management;
- Consultants/contract staff operating in the development sector.
The Project DPro Guide (PMD Pro 2nd Edition) has been launched on March 23, 2020. Visit our video resources if you would like to learn the differences between first and second editions.
Download the Project DPro Guide at no cost at the links below. Please observe the Creative Commons indicated in the guide and read the Terms, Conditions, and Reference for using our methodologies and content.
These translations to Chinese were sponsored and possible thanks to Sany Foundation.
This translation to Spanish was sponsored and possible thanks to Plan International.
The PMD Pro 1st edition was downloaded 41,930 times since its official launch. This edition has been removed and is no longer available. Please contact our team if you need any additional information.
This quick guide is a brief introduction to the Second Edition of PM4NGOs’ Guide to Project Management for Development Professionals (PMD Pro) to help you decide if this approach is suitable for you, your team and your organization.